Mares V32 with abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorbit

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to diving and last night bought my first set of Regs. I was keen on the Abyss and have read good reviews.

When i got to the shop they had a good deal and it was set up on display with the v32first stage. I know that it normally comes with the Mr22 from what i have read but I assumed as it was set up with the V32 this was fine. I also read that the v32 is very light and is a great first stage, basically a lighter MR22.

When i got home i started to wonder why it was with the V32 and whether this was acceptable?

It seemed to work ok when i tried it in the shop but there amy be something else i guess?

Can you help reassure me please?

thanks

This is a great combination. I love the Abyss 2nd stage, but switched to a V32 1st stage to save a little weight and bulk when traveling. There is no difference between the V32 and MR22 performance.

If you would prefer a MR22, I have a brand new one that has never seen water that I would trade for a V32.

I'm not 100% sure (so the Mares reps can correct me), but wasn,t there an older version of the Abyss that came with the V32?

Just food for thought!:coffee:

wasn,t there an older version of the Abyss that came with the V32

Not that I'm aware of.

Snorbit, Sounds like a good set up to me. The only thing I would change down the road is upgrade to our new trimaterial poppet. Happy diving w/ you new gear!

I stand corrected! And a bit more informed!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom