Mares Smart Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gav.mau

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys ! I bought a second hand Mares computer smart (it had 23 dives) and I have noticed that it is giving me very long decompression time. Today it was one hour at 5 meter and 24 hour desaturation. I went 31 meter max and respected all no decompression time (same as other divers with computers). I dived with air (oxygen) and it was on air mode (21%). It is the second time it is showing that. Everytime showing long hours for decompression time even all criteria have been respected under water. For other divers it was around 5 min for decompression on their computers while mine was an hour. We went to the same depth and respected all no decompression time. 24 hours desaturation in the end..

The depth, temperature, time, all info is correct on the computer when I compare with other divers.

Is the computer good ? I confirm all sensors are correct.

I will be grateful if you could please advise as I bought it second hand and maybe I was rip off ?

What are your conservatism settings?
Also, you mentioned that one dive you blew your NDLs? That also ticks the computer off. Don't do that without proper training and equipment.

If you could, upload the profile along with any previous repetitive dives.

If the computer is telling you to do a decompression stop, you have exceeded the computer's no decompression limits (NDLs). The computer's NDLs will depend on the algorithm and conservatism settings and may be different from another computer.

Did the other divers have mandatory decompression stops of 5 minutes or were they just safety stops? If they had mandatory deco stops, they also exceeded their computer's NDLs.

If the computer is telling you to do a decompression stop, you have exceeded the computer's no decompression limits (NDLs). The computer's NDLs will depend on the algorithm and conservatism settings and may be different from another computer.
A few minutes of deco after a brief violation of the NDLs is one thing, but an hour??

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your reply. We all dived with no deco time and all we respected all deco time. Other divers were just doing safety stop as per their computer.

The algorithm is set on PO on the mares computer.

Unfortunately I am not being a able to upload repetitive dives from the logs, but I see it has 23 dives, all on apnea mode and depth from 10 to 20 meters.

24 hours no-fly time after 30 msw dive is standard, but 1 hour deco at 5 metres is a broken computer. ICBW but it's hard to imagine raking up that much deco without needing any deeper stops, for one thing, especially with RGBM and its preference for deeper initial stop.

A few minutes of deco after a brief violation of the NDLs is one thing, but an hour??
Yeah, I get that, but the OP said they didn't exceed their NDL at all, not a brief violation. If you don't exceed NDL you don't get deco.

Something just doesn't add up.

Did the other divers have mandatory decompression stops of 5 minutes or were they just safety stops? If they had mandatory deco stops, they also exceeded their computer's NDLs.

Bullseye.

If NDL respected, then you do 3 min @ 15' safety stop. The watch is defective or has a setting thats 'off'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom