Mares SLS lock system Weight Pouches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there, new member. I joined as wanted to ask if anyone has had problems with the Mares SLS lock system for weight pouches. I am hearing a few things and also that Mares might replace them. Mine dropped out the other month on a murky UK dive causing a faster ascent than I would have liked. Not dangerous but alarming never the less. Thanks all. Anna

my dive buddy has a Mares Bolt and has had the weight pouches fall out once - they got caught on the edge of this pipe we were going through and fell out.
We recovered them, and luckily we weren't deep enough for the weight drop to be an issue, but it did happen.
We went to our LDS and they swapped the pouches for a set with a shorter handle (same lock system) and he hasn't had an issue since.

Hi,
I have the Mares Bolt sls and my son uses the Prestige sls. After few dives my son's weight pouch fell from the BCD without even noticing it. We were lucky since this happened at a shallow depth. Therefore, I have decided to attach to the sls weight pouch a pinch clip.
Here is how:
BOLT
Prestige

Hi,
I have the Mares Bolt sls and my son uses the Prestige sls. After few dives my son's weight pouch fell from the BCD without even noticing it. We were lucky since this happened at a shallow depth. Therefore, I have decided to attach to the sls weight pouch a pinch clip.
Here is how:
BOLT
Prestige
Hi, can you share how you did this on the bolt please as the video is unavailable?
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom