Mares service policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maresdiver

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I took my Mares Abyss in to be serviced a week ago and the shop said nothing had to be replaced, however they were not aware of Mares supplying the parts to maintain the yearly service. I did some research and found out that Mares does not recognize internet sales when it pertains to warranties. Does this apply to yearly service as well? I purchase the reg from an authorized dealer, per mares website, online. What is Mares stance on an authorized dealer selling online? I am not pleased with the local dive shops here and there are only 2, so I try gear out in the store and purchase online. I am considering going to a hoseless air integrated computer, any ideas as to when Mares will manufacture one, if at all. Lastly, when will the Mare Force knives hit the us market?

Mares parts and warranty policies apply to online retailers as long as they are authorized Mares dealers. The consumer should always save the receipt of products purchased. This is the most important piece of documentation to prove the origination and date of purchase.

I can't say when a hoseless "wrist" computer will come. Just be sure it is inevitable. :)

The knives are taking longer than we anticipated due to quality issues. We decided to wait and deliver an excellent product, rather than rush to deliver something with inferior quality. Hopefully we will see something in the 4th qtr 2008.

Is this knife thing you talk about the knife & knife pouch that is apparently going to be able to attach to my BCD?

I just bought a Mares Journey Plus and I noticed the black plastic markings on it indicative of a knife pouch. When I searched the internet I couldn't find anything, anywhere that mention a Mares knife pouch or anything similar?..

Yes, it is called the Force Knife. It will ultimately attach to your bcd through the holes just above the left weight pocket.

Best regards,

Back
Top Bottom