Mares Regulator Service Manuals site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowwall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
@Zef and I have been working on collecting Mares service manuals so we can make them available to anyone interested in these regulators. Zef made a spreadsheet of what info is found in what manual. Starting with the spreadsheet, I created the following mini-website:

Mares Regulator Service Manuals and Info

We've separated the info by regulator type and model to make it relatively easy to find what you need. Links on the page are to pdfs of the full manual for that year. Mares does not make these public and we have had limited success finding recent manuals. Here's what we do have: 1998 through 2010, 2012, 2016 (in german only), and 2017. If you would like to supply us with one of the missing years, I'll be happy to include it on the page.

If you are trying to make sense of all the varieties of the first stages, note that the only differences between V, MR, MRT, and X series diaphragm regs are the replaceable high pressure seat and valve (sometimes called "poppet" by Mares) and occasionally minor related replaceable parts. All regs can be upgraded to the current ACT seat and valve found in the current X series regs except the 42 which does not share the same part and is stuck on the previous generation "Tri-Material" valve. Also while the 22 used in the Abyss Navy II can be upgraded to 22X spec, it will no longer qualify as a Navy II because the US government spec for the reg requires the previous generation "Tri-Material" valve.

More discussion and a general overview of the covered regs can be found on this thread: Guide to Mares regulators from 2000-2020

Before anyone objects, it is our belief that our providing these manuals constitutes Fair Use of the originals as a non-commercial, educational/research usage of a factual work that should have limited if any effect on the value of the original work.

Hi
I don't have any Mares but I like this idea of depository.
Good job :)

@Zef and I have been working on collecting Mares service manuals so we can make them available to anyone interested in these regulators. Zef made a spreadsheet of what info is found in what manual. Starting with the spreadsheet, I created the following mini-website:

Mares Regulator Service Manuals and Info

We've separated the info by regulator type and model to make it relatively easy to find what you need. Links on the page are to pdfs of the full manual for that year. Mares does not make these public and we have had limited success finding recent manuals. Here's what we do have: 1998 through 2010, 2012, 2016 (in german only), and 2017. If you would like to supply us with one of the missing years, I'll be happy to include it on the page.

If you are trying to make sense of all the varieties of the first stages, note that the only differences between V, MR, MRT, and X series diaphragm regs are the replaceable high pressure seat and valve (sometimes called "poppet" by Mares) and occasionally minor related replaceable parts. All regs can be upgraded to the current ACT seat and valve found in the current X series regs except the 42 which does not share the same part and is stuck on the previous generation "Tri-Material" valve. Also while the 22 used in the Abyss Navy II can be upgraded to 22X spec, it will no longer qualify as a Navy II because the US government spec for the reg requires the previous generation "Tri-Material" valve.

More discussion and a general overview of the covered regs can be found on this thread: Guide to Mares regulators from 2000-2020

Before anyone objects, it is our belief that our providing these manuals constitutes Fair Use of the originals as a non-commercial, educational/research usage of a factual work that should have limited if any effect on the value of the original work.
Thanks a lot for the job!!:cheers:

Anyway, it's up to Mares to object if they want. You wouldn't have standing in this matter.

I don't know why the hostility, I wasn't objection or anything. I truly don't care, I was just curious about your use of "we".

At any rate, your "we" link leads to a broken link, check your page:

upload_2021-3-7_12-53-55.png

Thanks for the work putting this together, nicely done.

I don't know why the hostility, I wasn't objection or anything. I truly don't care, I was just curious about your use of "we".
I apologise if I misinterpreted the intent of your question. Given your often expressed negative appraisal of Mares regs and the fact that the answer to your question appeared obvious (as only two people were mentioned in my original post), your post appeared to me to be an attempt to derail the thread before it even got started.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom