Mares R12 1st and 2nd stage questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm new to diving and I just bought the Mares R12 with the 2nd stage Rover 2 and Octo. Are there others who have bought this Reg in this forum? If so what's been your experience with it so far? I did my 1st dive last night with it in cold water, well it was 70F so not really that cold. Everything went well, the breathing was nice and smooth, very consistent.

The only thing I found was when I turn my head to the left to see my buddy, the reg wanted to pop-out of there. Even when I was looking forward I always felt the reg wanted to come out from the left side kinda of adding some pressure. I talk to the local rep and they say that its because the metal part that the hose connects to on the 2nd stage is longer than other manufacturer.

They either recommended to change the mouth piece, or a longer hose or leave it as is.

I just to hear from others out there using the same reg.

Thanks,
Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom