Mares Quad Air Tank Module Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vibenz

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone here having experience with the Mares Quad Air, that knows how to check battery status on the tank module?

When diving, I get a low battery warning icon on the computer, but when checking it at home, the battery status, as shown under Info in the computer menu, tells me it is OK and show a full battery icon.

Could the low battery warning be referring to the tank module, or does the tank module not transmit that information? In that case, how, do I check the tank module's battery status without having to pay a certified technician to take it apart?

I don't have any experience with that specific model, but the MH8A transmitters used with a number of other brands do transmit a low battery warning, so it stands to reason that Mares transmitter would do the same. Looking at the manual, the battery replacement procedure is fairly straightforward - it's slightly more complex than MH8A, which has just a simple cap that you unscrew with a random flat object, but still, it's just a pair of philips-head screws and an o-ring; you don't need a certified technician to handle that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom