Mares Puck Pro Info Screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parky

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My last dive computer having recently died I've just bought a Mares Puck Pro as a replacement. (I've had an M1 in the past which brought me back to Mares). Along the way to making my choice I've read a number of dive computer manuals, most of which have been quite poor. The Puck Pro manual was adequate, but now having the Puck Pro in my hands I have a perfect example of what I hate.

Section 2.6 (page 17) the Info Screen. The words in the manual say: "This submenu provides information about the hardware and software of your Puck Pro and about the status of the battery with a number from 1 to 3, 3 being the highest, 2 corresponding to a steady battery symbol and 1 to the blinking battery symbol (no dive)." That's all.

The illustration in the manual shows:

-the top line of the display as "2 rSt". What does this mean? The 2 is shown in the middle digit position. My Puck Pro shows "1 rSt" with the 1 being in the right-hand digit position.

-the middle line of the display I assume is the software version number (as it starts with "1/" which I guess represents a "V". It took me a few minutes to realise that). Following the version number (X:XX) is the battery symbol and a single small digit which I guess must be the battery state. My brand new Puck Pro shows a "3" for this digit for a good battery. The illustration in the manual inexplicably shows a "5" here - but the words say it will be 1,2 or 3.

- checking the side of the box the Puck Pro came in, the bottom line of the display would appear to be the Puck Pro's serial number.

A few more words of explanation would have been useful - I still don't know what the top line means (do you?). Showing a "5" in the illustration instead of 1,2 or 3 doesn't instil confidence in the rest of the manual.

I am not sure, but I think it is the number of times the battery has been changed.

I spoke to Mares customer service and with firmware v4:00 the top line of the info screen indicates the number of times the computer has reset (hence "rst" after the number). With a battery change there will often be a number of quick resets until the battery is firmly in place and the cover is screwed down so the number of resets can jump up (mine went from 1 to 6 to 11 as I tested out batteries). The battery health is indicated on the bottom line with the "bat OK." Though I have not seen it, evidently the indicator will change to "low" or something like that in time.

Back
Top Bottom