Mares puck pro 7 dives now scrap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve A

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wifes puck pro which had done 7 dives but not used for over a year has a problem. After getting it out the box I noticed nearly Half the screen is now blank so you can’t use it. . I’ve Tried changed the battery but it hasn’t made any difference.
I don’t suppose it’s economical to send it in for a repair but Very disappointed as it’s hardly been used. It’s about 3 years old so out of warranty but I shall not buy another. Going to get a suunto like mine as mines got 100 dives on and going strong.

We've had a Puck Pro+ for about 60 dives now with no problem, and another for about 40 dives with no problem. With all electronics there will unfortunately be a few duds. Especially with the prices available from some online retailers (found one seller for the Puck Pro around $120 for the Puck Pro [not plus]), the Pucks generally offer a lot of value for the money. Sorry yours didn't last.

I've had success opening the regular Puck (not the pro version) and repairing it. Give it a go if you're going to bin it anyway. It is likely that you will find a bit of corrosion inside. Clean up the corrosion and put it back together. Take a second computer when you dive it to be sure you are covered in case the original packs up after putting it back together.

The hardest part was getting the rubber surround off.

Yes I may give it a go I’ve got nothing to lose. I doubt if it’s corrosion thug hits only done 7 dives and been rinsed each time
I've had success opening the regular Puck (not the pro version) and repairing it. Give it a go if you're going to bin it anyway. It is likely that you will find a bit of corrosion inside. Clean up the corrosion and put it back together. Take a second computer when you dive it to be sure you are covered in case the original packs up after putting it back together.

Hi Bert
I was wondering about the backlight in the Puck. From what you've seen inside, is it possible to change ? It is so dimm in the water I can hardly notice it. I am an electronics Engineer so no problem with the chalenge.
Thanks,
Barak

I have a personal Puck with over one thousand dives. Only ever changed the battery and lubed the o-ring. We use them for students. Never had one go bad in 10 years. OTOH our Suunto Zoops...don’t even get me started. Nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom