Mares Puck fast ascent setting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moerby

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The fast ascent setting on the Mares Puck has me confused. It can be either On or Off. In the "On" setting, does that switch on the ability to do fast ascents (without warnings) or does it switch on the fast ascent warning itself?

When 'Fast Ascent' is on the alarm is disabled to allow for practicing fast ascents. It is normally off. And don't practice fast ascents unless you're with an instructor, paramedic or priest.

When 'Fast Ascent' is on the alarm is disabled to allow for practicing fast ascents. It is normally off. And don't practice fast ascents unless you're with an instructor, paramedic or priest.

How would an instructor help the bubbles to dissolve quicker :) ? The roles of the other two guys are more clearly defined :)

Thanks editmojo, so that means the safe setting is "Off" (the default value was "On" :confused: ). The manual is ridiculously vague on this ... "This function enables or disables the "Stop" function ... ". Yes while that statement is true, you need to change the value to "Off" to ENABLE the "Stop" function because this setting actually controls the Fast Ascent function. :shakehead:

Just reread the manual and checked my Puck. I'm Sorry. I gave you bad information. Fast Ascent is normally ON. This enables the alarm. Fast ascent is ON on my Puck and it beeps if I ascend too fast.

Again, I apologize for my error.

Just reread the manual and checked my Puck. I'm Sorry. I gave you bad information. Fast Ascent is normally ON. This enables the alarm. Fast ascent is ON on my Puck and it beeps if I ascend too fast.

Again, I apologize for my error.

Hey no problem, and thanks for the help! It's silly that the settings is labelled "Fast Asc" and not "Fast Asc Alarm" or "Safety Stop".

..... And don't practice fast ascents unless you're with an instructor, paramedic or priest.
actually there is a fourth option .... you CAN practice fast ascents - and see the dive computer in action - ... if you are a virtual diver and are using the Puck with our simulator :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom