MARES Puck date limited?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife has a MARES Puck she loves. We finally get back in the water after a year and find there is no 2021 date on the Puck. Runs from 2006-2020. I figured no biggie, but be a firmware update. I found a puck pro firmware but not just puck.

And in the Mares Dive Organizer it reads the puck fine, but the update firmware is greyed up. It says the firmware is 0.11 on it. I did pull the battery and restart it, still no firmware update option.

Is it date limited or am I too dumb to fix it? If I can't need to get on ordering a new puck asap....

What did they say, puck can't handle 2021+? Is there a new puck you'd have to buy instead of installing an update?

They said this:

Thank you for the email.

The Puck Generation firmware cannot be updated as it is pre-programmed in the factory at the time of production.

Firmware versions 11 & 12 do not progress past year 2020.

The alternative would be to set the year to 2010, this will ensure the date matches up with the day of the week, see below:

Thank you for the email.

The Puck Generation firmware cannot be updated as it is pre-programmed in the factory at the time of production.

The alternative would be to set the year to 2010, this will ensure the date matches up with the day of the week

What did they say, puck can't handle 2021+? Is there a new puck you'd have to buy instead of installing an update?

She had the puck that wont update.
We bought the nieces and nephews puck pro. I think they might update.

And I just ordered her a Mares Puck Pro Plus

o_O 2006..2020? Are Pucks programed in base-14? With Y2K we at least had a rational excuse.

Well, the wife loves the puck and hates change. So puck pro plus it it.

And I love my nemo wide.

And I feel like its nice and conservative without being a Suunto....

Of course I think I need a NEW usb adaptor for it.

Maybe too late, but I had the same problem on a second hand Puck that I use as a backup. Calendars repeat every 11 years. Just use the right day and month and for the year, use 2010.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom