Mares Prestige 15X vs Hog D3 DIN Env w-Zenith Regulator

Which of these two regs

• Mares Prestige 15X

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Hog D3 DIN Env w-Zenith Regulator

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FloridaMan

Registered
Reaction score
I am purchasing my first set of scuba gear. For various reasons such as price, discounts, etc, I pretty much have my reg choices narrowed down to these two.

Hog D3 DIN Env w-Zenith Regulator Set-Smoke
Mares Prestige 15X and Prestige Octopus Package

Does anyone have any input on these two regulator sets? I only dive in warm Florida salt water and have no intention of going in cold water. Also all my diving is purely recreational to no more than 60 feet. I may look at doing a PADI Advanced Open water to go deeper, but that isn't really in my immediate future. Neither is any kind of tech diving.

Also I will be running a sensor for air integration. Do both of these have enough ports to run the sensor and a standard SPG?

Thank you for any input.

I thought the Mares 15x was fully balanced? I am still learning so I maybe wrong, but I though I remembered reading a thread on here that said it was.

I would go with the Mares. It is balanced and there are no levers and knobs to fiddle around with constantly.

My gf dived the 15x + prestige combo for 2x years. No issues. Socal 50F degree salt water.

I got her a deep6 excursion set during blackfriday for about 200 (1x) First and (1x) Second. She said it breathes way better, but she never had any issues with the mares.

The hog has a 5th LP Port. It'll have better hose routing if you end up using longer hose. It sounds like it has a swivel turrent which make it slightly more comfortable.

I think either will be good for competitively priced regulators. The SPG & AIr Integrated Transmitter each need a HP (High Pressure) Port. Both have 2x HP ports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom