Mares Plana Avanti Quattro still good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlyStrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Bought them in the early '90's.
Anything better today?

What is wrong with them? I could not find any except it is a bit long inside the wreck especially on narrow passage. Other than that I was very happy with them.

Fins is just like shoes.

I think it is still a safe choice if you are not willing to experiment. I got a newer one few years ago (they call it quattro +), there is a new strap system. I actually like the older 2 channel version more than 4 channel, it is unfortunately no longer produced. Sporasub (a Sub-brand of Mares), produced it for a while, after original Mares Avanti hp disappeared, I picked up one of those back in the day and still my to go fins for warm water diving with currents.

It is still produced by Mares after all these yrs!

I think it is still a safe choice if you are not willing to experiment. I got a newer one few years ago (they call it quattro +), there is a new strap system. I actually like the older 2 channel version more than 4 channel, it is unfortunately no longer produced. Sporasub (a Sub-brand of Mares), produced it for a while, after original Mares Avanti hp disappeared, I picked up one of those back in the day and still my to go fins for warm water diving with currents.

The Avanti Pure is 2 channel fin. Avanti Pure

They were great fins, used them for years, I now use Mares Excite Pro, less fatigue with my older legs, and thrust when I need it, and they fit ,tried other brands and always come back to Mares [except my travel fins, Aqualung Storm]
Excite Pro

The only thing I don’t like about my Quattros was the rubber foot pocket collapses down around the foot, making them somewhat annoying to put on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom