Mares Pegasus vs. Dragon BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daiika

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anyone tell me what the real difference is between these two backinflate /weight integrated BCDs? The Dragon looks more heavy duty and is a bit more expensive. Has anyone tried them both.

Daiika

Daiika,
If you visit the Mares website, you will find all the technical differences between the two. The main difference is the Dragon is a blend of jacket and back inflate, while the pegasus is 100% back inflate. The Dragon is of heavier denier material, while the Pegasus is lighter material for easier travel.

If you have specific questions between the two, feel free to post. They are both good BCD's, and have their own positive characteristics. It just depends what is more important to you.

Best,

The Dragon is soooooooo comfy! It had padding in all the right places!:D I'm very happy with mine, although it doesn't pack small for travel....:popcorn:

Thanks Zak and Codman. I think I will go with the Dragon. I have other BCDs that are lighter to travel. And I like pockets, I carry a lot of stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom