Mares Pegasus BCD - sizing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ernani

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am 5'11" 260 pounds. Chest 48-49, waist 48 and a pot-belly above the waist.
Is your Pegasus XL adjustable enough to be of use to me [I am considering buying one]?

Thanks,

Yuval:confused:

Yuval, I would think so. The waist strap is quite liberal and adjustable. Of course nothing really compares to trying one on. If that is not an option, then I would give it a go.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

I would definitely recommend trying this BCD on, or any BCD for that matter before final purchase.
I bought one of these last year and can't say anything bad about it. It does what it says it does and you can't really fault that.

With it being a back inflating BCD, the sizing becomes even more important because when the BCD is inflated you don't get that squeeze you usually get from a normal jacket BCD. This can usually off set a small degree of over sizing. With the Pegasus, if the sizing is too much on the large side it will tend "suspend" you like a air balloon's basket! The straps offer a lot of flexibility, so I'd almost say that you could go 1 size down and still be perfect!

Okay, so I did buy the XL and dove with it for 10 days in Cozumel in December.
I think the Pegasus XL will comfortably cover the whole range of XL to XXL divers. It was comfortable for me with plenty of size and height to spare. Divers higher and bigger than me will be comfortable [I am 5'10" and 270 pounds]. It is adjustable and has no cummerbund. The waistband had a good 5+ inches to spare on top of my size. Altogether a very comfortable travel BCD for large men and excellent value for money.

Back
Top Bottom