Mares...older dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shydamsel

Reaction score
North Coast of Calif...near the Oregon boarder
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an older Mares hocky puck type computer...evidently the battery is dead. Is there a way to replace the battery. I have two of them and really liked them. I can find no model number on them only what I believe to be a date of 12/90. Can someone give me information?

12/90 sounds a little old for puck computers. Can you post some photos, esp of the rear and any place else that may open?

I have an older Mares hocky puck type computer...evidently the battery is dead. Is there a way to replace the battery. I have two of them and really liked them. I can find no model number on them only what I believe to be a date of 12/90. Can someone give me information?

Hi damsel,

17 almost 18 years is one heck of a lifetime for a dive computer, but you never know. The only way for us to make a recommendation is to know exactly what product you have. I would suggest you do as the other poster recommended and post some pictures. There are a lot of "hockey puck" computers out in the field from 90's til present. If I had to bet, I'd say it is going to be time to upgrade into something a little more current. If you can send some images I'll be glad to help.

Sincerely,

Hi damsel,

17 almost 18 years is one heck of a lifetime for a dive computer, but you never know. The only way for us to make a recommendation is to know exactly what product you have. I would suggest you do as the other poster recommended and post some pictures. There are a lot of "hockey puck" computers out in the field from 90's til present. If I had to bet, I'd say it is going to be time to upgrade into something a little more current. If you can send some images I'll be glad to help.

Sincerely,

I will try and do that when I return from my trip. I got a new computer for the trip, sure would like to replace the batteries in the old ones. I might of been over board in calling them computers....they might be more of a bottom timer, with an internal dive log.

ok I took the pics I have no idea how to down load them onto this site I don't know where to find the url of my image. every time I have downloaded pics in the past I could browse photos and choose the one I wanted. I see absolutely no screws and only a 12.90 on the side. There isno model or serial number on the things.

ok I took the pics I have no idea how to down load them onto this site I don't know where to find the url of my image. every time I have downloaded pics in the past I could browse photos and choose the one I wanted. I see absolutely no screws and only a 12.90 on the side. There isno model or serial number on the things.
If you still can't figure how to post the pictures. You could take it to Pacific Quest Dive in Crescent City. They are a Mares dealer. From there they can try to help or send it back to Mares for our review. Just make sure to call them before you make the drive. I know they are not always on a schedule, especially this time of year. :)

Zak

Thank you that is more info than I had before. I don't think I will be up that way until summer though. I tend to go camping in that direction, I love those Oregon state parks. And ...no I can't not figure out how to get the pics from my computer to on here.....I am computer challenged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom