Mares Nemo Wide Flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bhmckeon

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Loved it, now very unhappy. Diving at Beaches - Turks and Caicos, all going well, except "MEMO" was inaccessible (clue?) when screen went blank, then slowly flooded. Now at home, the unit is thickening, must be internal corrosion has set in. No. the battery was dry, so it was a button seal failure, I am certain. Sad. I will purchase another brand. Several others have older posts of this problem. Up until now, I would have recommended the NEMO WIDE. no more.
sad.gif

Regards,
Bruce McKeon
Laguna Sea Dwellers
Laguna Beach, CA

Warning, don't buy Mares dive computers.
As a dive instructor living in the Tropics and as most professionals understand that the dive computer is one of our number 1 tools, I had bought a Mares Nemo some 5 years ago logging around 300+ dives as it wasn't used all the time, I have had 2 battery replacements in that time, even though the black dots on the computer fell off within months I still found it very satisfactory ($1,200 Aud) until the seal on the button leaked causing the computer to fail, I had it looked at by a reputable dealer in Australia and he informed me that it dead and out of warranty, Mares would have a look at it and that is it if I wished to send it to Italy ($ 60.00 Aud registered post) from where I live. Not the end of the story, my wife was given a brand new Mares sport from a reputable dive company, for work done over the years so after some time instead of using her SCUBA PRO EXTENDER she chose the Mares, first dive it flooded ( $700.Aud) down the drain by just adding a little water HO HO, I do have a Nemo wide just waiting for it to flood as well so I take my trusty watch with me on every dive just waiting for the time it fails with a student. yes I understand the warranty limitations but really guys it is not good enough we pay handsomely for these products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom