Mares Nemo Excel dark mark on screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awh

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I have just bought a brand new Mares Nemo Excel dive computer. When using the light function a dark mark appears at the bottom of the screen (only visible when using the light function). I've been told that the mark is the component for the infra red detection unit and is perfectly normal. I would be really grateful for anyone who owns or has access to a Mares Nemo Excel to try the light function (in the dark) and see if they get the same mark appearing on the lower part of the screen. Please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

Yes, that dark spot on the bottom of the screen is the IR port to plug into the Mares IRIS.

Hi, I got a used nemo excell from a friend, and it looks as good as new, but the backlight will not go on when i press the top + button, does it need to be in dive mode, under water to be able to turn it on? i suppose it is a bit stupid, but after reviewing the manual, i can not determine weather it should work in time mode.. since u have it can u tell me does your work on time mode, on land?

all the best simeria

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom