For Sale Mares MR12 Beta DX Regulator - New in Box - $60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aabate123

New
Reaction score
Never used Mares MR12 Beta DX Scuba regulator. Original owner tag still attached.

Price reduced to $60 and includes free shipping within the US.

Attachments

• IMG_1190.jpeg
    IMG_1190.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1187.jpeg
    IMG_1187.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1188.jpeg
    IMG_1188.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1191.jpeg
    IMG_1191.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 98
Edit:
I have removed my response subsequent to the OP modifying their post above which removed the context to which I had responded.

-Z

Hey. This would be a steal for the Mares NIB regulator completist who doesn't have one. We'll just have to see if such a person exists.

For a diver, it's not a very desirable reg. It's old enough to require servicing even though it's never been used and the Beta was their cheap second stage without a VAD tube which means higher breathing effort than other Mares seconds.

Hey sorry if I am offending anyone. Certainly not my intent. I am not a diver, I was given this regulator by my father when I was planning on taking lessons several years ago. I am not sure of it’s fair value so I took a guess at $150. Apparently that’s not a fair price so, what is a fair price? $50? Nothing?

Hey sorry if I am offending anyone. Certainly not my intent. I am not a diver, I was given this regulator by my father when I was planning on taking lessons several years ago. I am not sure of it’s fair value so I took a guess at $150. Apparently that’s not a fair price so, what is a fair price? $50? Nothing?

A fair price is however much you want for your gear combined with what a buyer will pay for it.

Some info that will help you decide how to price/market your gear:

The MR12 1st stage went out of production a handful of years ago, but the Beta has been out of production for quite a number of years.

1. As mentioned by @lowwall the Beta 2nd stage was a lower end model.
2. The MR12 was not high end either but the internals were not much different than the what was on mares' higher end 1st stages which made it a solid workhorse type of regulator used in resorts and shop rentals. There are folks who like and use the MR12 for stage/deco bottles.
3. Parts are still available for servicing the MR12.
4. Both the MR12 1st stage and the Beta 2nd stage used parts that were common among many of the regulators in Mares lineup including there top of the line stuff from that era and beyond so servicing/parts availability should not be too much of an issue as long as the body and exhaust tee remain undamaged. All the parts that are expected to be replaced during servicing were common and should all still be available.
5. To dive this reg set, the average diver will still need to add another 2nd stage (safe 2nd/octo) and an spg (pressure gauge). The cost of these items if one needs to buy them are often considered by potential buyers.
5. The cost to service at a shop/service center is approximately $50/stage...potential buyers will evaluate the cost of service combined with the seller's price.

I am sure you can sell your reg set quickly for $50...how much more than that you can get for it is uncertain.

You can always update your post by incrementally reducing your asking price until you get a bite.

-Z

Thank you for the detailed information @Zef, very helpful. I didn’t realize there would be additional cost for the buyer out of the gate since it was never used. I certainly wasn’t trying to overcharge for it, which is why I said OBO thinking someone would make a fair offer if my guess at a price was wrong.

It would be nice if someone can make good use of it rather than me just trashing it, even if it is a lower end model. I’ll take your advice and put it out at a lower cost.

Thanks!

Could you take a look at the first stage and see how many of the ports are marked "HP"? It will either be 1 or 2.

The MR12 was the first regulator that I owned, and I used it for around 5 years. No problems at all with it. When I started self-learning regulator repair, this was the first one that I opened, cleaned, and rebuilt. It still works great today with the original parts. I don't think I dove it since 2005 or so, but I still use it in my shop as compressed air source hooked to an al30.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom