Mares Kaila leaking air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farsidefan1

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We were diving in Fiji last week when I noticed a steady stream of bubbles rising from my wife's xxtra small Kaila. My assumption was that the bladder had developed a leak and the air was flowing out of the seam, not really indicating the location of the leak. Since my wife had an extra small mares kaila she got from her sister (it was too large, for her, so she got the xxtra small which fits her perfectly) we thought we could take her xxtra small and switch bladders with the xtra small. In taking it to the local dive shop he said he didn't think it had a separate bladder so the switch was not possible. The bcd is only a couple of yrs old and shows virtually no signs of wear. The shop guy said it was a slow leak because out of water it was virtually undetectable. Still - it is a freaking leak. He also said that perhaps they could send it back to Mares but to repair it would involve tearing it all apart etc. Not sure we would get it back in time for our Roatan trip in May.

What is the mares policy on fix or warranty on this product? She loves how it fits and would prefer to keep it but the leak is a bit unnerving. She has had it for about 2 yrs.

Hi, Sorry I just saw this post.
The dealer you spoke with is correct, the bladder is not replaceable or interchangeable. The warranty against any manufacturer defect is 2 years from date of purchase.. If you have the receipt, and it falls within this warranty period we can help. Prior to May. Please let me know if I can help.

Thanks,
Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom