Mares Isotherm - Snug Medium or Loose Large?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdagostin0

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning on buying a Mares Isotherm and seem to be at the high end of the Medium specs and was wondering if i'd be better to jump up to Large or maintain the tight fit. I know it'd be better to try a couple on but i'm buying used so i'll have to take the chance. I'm 5'10, 175lbs, and a 33 waist.

Here are Mares wetsuit specs: Chest Waist Weight Height
Medium38" - 40"30" - 34"150 - 175 lbs. 5' 5" - 5' 10"
Large40" - 44"32" - 36"
170 - 195 lbs.

5' 8" - 6' 2"

Get large, im 5'10 and 195, xl fit me perfectly except for the height, medium would be really tight on your arms, my xl is pretty toght around biceps, seems like they make suits for people with really skinny arms, other than that suit is great, i have 6.5mm and dove in 36-38 degree water
Btw my waist 32-33, xl feels little loose around waist, l should be perfect

I would go with medium. I'd much rather be tight in a wetsuit, since you'll be warmer and even if it's not too comfortable on land it shouldn't be an issue in water.

If the seller will allow, get both and return the one that does not fit well. It is very hard to tell, sometimes.

By the way, this is a phenomenal suit, very well made and really does not allow water transfer. Very warm!

If you don't mind saying, who still has these for sale?

Update: The suit fit perfect all around until I put the neck over. There would of been no way it would of zipped. Sooooooooo Med. Grey/Black Mares Isotherm up for grabs $100 plus shipping.

Update: the medium fit perfect but was too short
large fit everywhere except upper body and wrists were way too big

$100? Great suit! I still have mine, though went dry a few years. Great for the Channel Islands in the summer. I found the zipper was just a tad short across my shoulders, though still liked it. Someone will be happy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom