Mares Isotherm semidry Wetsuit zip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baitballer

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought my wife an Isotherm semidry wetsuit a couple of years ago to go on a liveaboard trip to the Galapagos islands unfortunately the trip was cancelled due to government permit changes so the suit has never been used, as in never been wet. I got it out today and the zip which goes across the shoulders has rotten away, literally. I have attached three photo's one of the suit from the front which hopefully shows how new it is and two of the actual zip which has literally disintegrated. We have both owned and used Mares suits for years (not semidry but normal wetsuits) and they have all been great. Can the zip be replaced?

Attachments

• DSC_0056.JPG
    DSC_0056.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC_0066.jpg
    DSC_0066.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 188
Replacing the zip will probably cost more than the suit did originally. Just wondering, though, is it made in China? Mine's made in Thailand and is as good as the day I bought it four years ago.

Hi, may I ask if you managed to resolve this problem? I have the same suit, with the same deal, but with the added issue that the plastic part of the zipper at the end has broken (split) into 3 pieces. I want to try find out what kind of plastic or material it is so I can try to repair. Thanks!

The zipper on the semi dry can be replaced by someone who knows how. The zipper itself is a TI-ZIP and the suit is standard neoprene. If you have access to a custom wetsuit or drysuit manufacturer, they should be able to replace the zipper with new. If you do not have access, most likely a dive store will know how to help or steer you in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom