Mares Ikon BCD Leaking Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcoxe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI

I purchased a Ikon BCD 2 weeks ago.
I am currently on a Diving Holiday and it has started to leak air from the "stitching" along the top of the unit :confused::confused:

Also one of the 2 weight pockets on the rear (Tank Mount) is also "torn" along the stitching... I don´t use the weight pocket by the way...

Has anyone else had this problem?
I have contact the shop I bought it from and they said to contact the local agent or Mares in the country I live (actually the store I bought it from is very helpful).

Allen

Allen, Both of these issues is very uncommon. Completely covered by warranty. If you had the receipt any Mares dealer in any country should be able to help you. If you don't have the receipt, but are in contact with the store you purchased it from; they may be able to provide one. This will most likely end up in a complete bcd replacement. Assuming you didn't drag it behind your vehicle on the autobahn going to vacation. :)

Hi Zac

Actually I contacted the local Mares Distributor in Scandinavia (CBM AS) and they want nothing to do with it! (yes I have the receipt).

The store I bout it from "Lucas Divestore" have said if I send to back to them, they will sort out with Mares Europe.

I was quite surprised with the local distributor attitude, as I thought Mares had international warranty.

Thanks for your reply by the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom