Mares Icon HD Net Ready Reviews and Dive Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naboodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I posted this in another thread but now that some of us are getting our new Icon HD Net Ready in the water, I thought we needed a thread posting our personal reviews and dive experiences with this new dive computer.

Yesterday I finally got the HD Net Ready wet for the first time during a local quarry dive. We did 2 dives (about 40 min each). The Icon HD Net Ready work flawlessly. Great to have the tank pressure on the dive computer. The changing of the colors around the tank pressure was especially cool and helpful. Checked the battery life prior to the dives and it was 97%, The battery life after two dives and surface intervals was 80%. Not too bad in my opinion. Although, I think this is a faster drain than my old Icon. With increased use and charges maybe this will improve. I also linked to my PC and fired up the Dive Organizer today and downloaded the two dives. It is great to see all of the tank data that is now available with this new computer. All in all, I still believe this is one of the best DC on the market. Please share your experiences as you test out yours.

I did hook up my icon to my comp so i could download data and charge it.after two hours I looked on icon and what I see , the big battery status in the center of display shows 98%, however in the top right corner where the small symbol is located i had 198% !!!There is something realy wrong with new firmware 3.04 or my icon, I just dont know it yet.Guys when you charge your comp can you check if large battery symbol in the center shows same % what symbol in top right corner,becouse at my comp is never the same exp. center shows 97% when top one shows 100%

I did hook up my icon to my comp so i could download data and charge it.after two hours I looked on icon and what I see , the big battery status in the center of display shows 98%, however in the top right corner where the small symbol is located i had 198% !!!There is something realy wrong with new firmware 3.04 or my icon, I just dont know it yet.Guys when you charge your comp can you check if large battery symbol in the center shows same % what symbol in top right corner,becouse at my comp is never the same exp. center shows 97% when top one shows 100%

I also noted a small discrepancy sometimes, I think it was 1 or 2 percent between the two. It may be a difference in sampling rates between the two readings or different location where the readings are taken. My Garmin iQue had this as well and as long as the difference is small I'm not concerned. But 198% is bizarre and worrisome. Perhaps you should reflash your firmware.

I just looked at mine and the right upper icon is showing 100% while the center large icon is 99% (power plugged in). The difference is small enough not to be important.

Adam

Last edited:
I got mine two weeks ago, but it seemed to have problems so I took it back to the dive shop for help. It has been over a week and they had no news for me last Friday.

It had two problems, and I was hoping they would tell me I was doing something wrong but they weren't familiar enough with it to know.

Basically, in the compass mode, if I pressed the button for the stopwatch, the start stop button didn't work. It never moved off 0:00. The same button worked fine on the home screen so I know it is OK.

The second problem was with the wireless pressure module. It took many tries to get it to connect with the Icon, and when I attached to a tank the pressure never indicated. It just sat on 0.

Very disappointed so far...not so much in the Icon, as I expect problems when on the bleeding edge of new technology. I am disappointed in the shop. I took it back to them Friday a week ago. When I called to inquire on status last Friday they told me they had called Mares but heard nothing back. Really???

I got mine two weeks ago, but it seemed to have problems so I took it back to the dive shop for help. It has been over a week and they had no news for me last Friday.

It had two problems, and I was hoping they would tell me I was doing something wrong but they weren't familiar enough with it to know.

Basically, in the compass mode, if I pressed the button for the stopwatch, the start stop button didn't work. It never moved off 0:00. The same button worked fine on the home screen so I know it is OK.

The second problem was with the wireless pressure module. It took many tries to get it to connect with the Icon, and when I attached to a tank the pressure never indicated. It just sat on 0.

Very disappointed so far...not so much in the Icon, as I expect problems when on the bleeding edge of new technology. I am disappointed in the shop. I took it back to them Friday a week ago. When I called to inquire on status last Friday they told me they had called Mares but heard nothing back. Really???

Odd, when I select compass mode on the surface I don't see the stopwatch at all. The middle two buttons are inactive. I have the firmware 3.04

Adam

Odd, when I select compass mode on the surface I don't see the stopwatch at all. The middle two buttons are inactive. I have the firmware 3.04

Adam

The stop watch only works when active in a dive. You will not see it on surface read of the compass. I did not think to try the stop watch function during my dive so I can't confirm.

On my icon using the computer USB to charge, I would see 99% (big green battery) never more but when I look at "My Computer" selection on the Icon it would always ready 100%. I have found that when I use the charger that came with the Icon I can get to 100% both places (even get the lighting bolt on the big green battery display). I can't explain the reading of 198% but my Icon (old and new) has always shown different values depending on where you look in the DC.

198% means a problem somewhere and I think he should at least send a tech support inquiry and have this fixed. I would not use it with a bizarre number like that. I too believe in diving with two computers so if one goes bizarre or out I can continue diving.

Adam

This 198% happend whe i was charging via USB cable connected to my comp..As soon as i disconnected icon the number change to 98%

Back
Top Bottom