Mares icon Hd air integration with double 130s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering if there is away to set up air integration for doubled steel 130s.
I would still leave the spgs on i case I has to isolate a cylinder.

Thank you

The Icon will read up to three transmitters. As far as I know, you would have to put a transmitter on each tank. Havn't done it yet myself, but I have a set of HP 100s that I was thinking of trying it with.

I thought about that but then you would have to isolate the two cylinders from each other to get the correct pressure for both cylinders. It seems you can only set the tank size to 200cuft. Which should work for double 100. As long as you don't have to close the manifold valve for whatever reason.
But if your closing off valves I'm sure you got better things to worry about and would be turning the dive.

Say what? One transducer, will read both tanks, just like one SPG reads both tanks. The isolator remains open, unless there is a manifold issue, in which case your dive is over. The bigger challenge is getting the transmitter to not become an entanglement issue, with proper hose routing.

Your software may not calculate remaining bottom time correctly by air quantity, but then again, do you actually need that feature? Read the pressure, and head up at rock bottom pressures.

What agency do you plan to train with regarding your new double tanks?

Most all AI systems work on pressure drop per unit time so as long as they see the pressure drop they will yield a time to "zero" (actually it is usually 500 psi). So the tank size is irrelevant, but what does matter is that the AI display unit is linked to a transmitter on a tank that is dropping as you breathe. My first impulse would be to put an SPG on the left post, as usual and a transmitter on the right, but I should think it through a bit more thoroughly first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom