Mares Hybrid Pure - Size L

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all

I want to get the above Mares BCD? Has anyone here good or bad comments about this bit of kit? My last BCD was a Mares Dragon which I loved to bits. This time I want something not as bulky so this one from what I've seen fits my requirements.

I never had problem with weight pockets dropping out at the wrong time with the Dragon so not worried about that. I will use it here in the UK, Pool and abroad same as my Dragon.

What do you all think?

Thanks

PS: I love Mare BCD's

Hey Sunken Ship, I just recently got back from DEMA (purposely looking at the Hybrid Pure for a customer), and then sold him one. He is more of an 80/80 diver who dives only on tropical vacations. He was looking for a BCD that would fold up nice and tight for travel, yet still have the features he was looking for. The biggest difference he found in the Hybrid Pure was the weight pockets were smaller than the standard weight pockets other Mares BCD's used. The fold up back pack is standard as on the Hybrid and Hybrid Pro Tech. Also has a suspension system that supports your lower back (which he has back trouble). The other features are an added value to an already awesome little BCD. All in all the BCD was a great investment for him. He has made at least 10 dives on it since he purchased it and we have had really good feed back from him. With all that being said, that is his opinion on matter. Now for mine, the only hiccup I have with it is the weights pockets. I'm good with the lower capacity it holds, but from a stand point of replacing in a pinch, I can't take any of my other weight pouches from 3 of my other Mares BCD's and use them in the Hybrid Pure. Visa Versa, is not an issue. But then again I'm a prepper at heart and I'm always trying to over preparer for every situation. The same would apply to your Mares Dragon, it could except the Hybrid Pure's weight pockets but not the other way around. So all in all, I give it a 4.5 out of 5. If I was in the market for a new BCD (which I'm always in being a scuba freak) I would most definitely buy it. Hope this helps, and hopefully their will be some happy new owners of the Mares Pure BCD chime in.

Hi Lake Hickory Scuba
I really appreciate you taking the time in writing your post and it’s what I was hoping to hear. Next just to be safe I will try one on for size and hopefully buy.
The weight pouch issue (wrong or right on my part) I don’t think will be a problem. When I had the Dragon I didn’t use pouches I used an Oceanic weight belt as well. I’m not sure if this is best practice but no instructor has ever advised me against it so now it’s my way. If someone did say that’s wrong that knew better I would start to use the pouches.
Thanks and Happy Christmas

Back
Top Bottom