Mares hd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you like the bigger style of the Mares HD for viewing purposes, go with the Uwatec LUNA (pricepoint). It's Easier to use a read. I actually put about 40 dives on the Mares when it first came out and under great lighting conditions I actually found the color screen hard to read at times and using some of the options were difficult as well. I have experienced none of these issues with the LUNA. The other computers to check out are the Oceanic VT4 & Atom. For viewing purposes you can't beat the OLED Display on the Shearwater!

If you like the bigger style of the Mares HD for viewing purposes, go with the Uwatec LUNA (pricepoint). It's Easier to use a read. I actually put about 40 dives on the Mares when it first came out and under great lighting conditions I actually found the color screen hard to read at times and using some of the options were difficult as well. I have experienced none of these issues with the LUNA. The other computers to check out are the Oceanic VT4 & Atom. For viewing purposes you can't beat the OLED Display on the Shearwater!

When I checked the price difference in the Galileo Sol and Luna there was less than 100.00 difference , and if you bought the Luna and wanted the upgrades latter they would cost around 300.00 dollars.

As indicated by joel smith, the online class for the Galileo Sol is already available. Same for the VT 4.0 and the Atom 3.0.

We plan to release the online class for the Icon HD by the end of February / early March.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I spent a few weeks with the Icon HD before returning it for the Sol.

The Icon has software bugs. For example the Dive Organizer gets Imperial and metric units all mixed up. The display is not that great, the unit is a heavy brick, drains battery all the time so it must be plugged in all the time when not diving, Mares support sucks.

Of the two the Sol is much better. At this point you may also want to check out the Liquivision Lynx which looks promising.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom