Mares fins & steel spring strap compatibility issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a small router bit on my Dremel to remove the material. Be very careful, and use as slow a speed as feasible. Spring straps are an excellent addition to any fin.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

Do I need to grind off the tiny horizontal notch that's underneath the main post?

I have mares quattros and got spring straps made by Scubaboard's own Wayward Son. They attach with SS shackle bolts. I had to cut off the plastic ridge on the post, which I expect is the same as what you're talking about (And apologies for the noise if not). I just used a utility knife; it took a minute or so each to cut it out.

Here's some pictures of a finishing touch I added:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-yourself-diy/191307-ss-spring-straps.html
see post #18. That will also let you know if we're talking about the same thing.

Which fins do you have?

I have the Volo Powers and I purchased these exact ones:

EZ Spring Fin Strap - Recreational Diver, Black from LeisurePro.com

All I did was pop off the OEM straps and pop on the new ones. No grinding needed.

I didn't have to grind or alter anything. Simple plug and play. They work great!

Don't know if that helps or not...?

I have volos, power volos, and quattro, and they all have the natch underneath the post.

I have mares quattros and got spring straps made by Scubaboard's own Wayward Son. They attach with SS shackle bolts. I had to cut off the plastic ridge on the post, which I expect is the same as what you're talking about (And apologies for the noise if not). I just used a utility knife; it took a minute or so each to cut it out.

Here's some pictures of a finishing touch I added:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-yourself-diy/191307-ss-spring-straps.html
see post #18. That will also let you know if we're talking about the same thing.

I like your setup, especially with the added heat shrink tubing!

Back
Top Bottom