Mares EU customer service beyond dreadful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello there!

old thread, but... due to the incidents, let's say, that are happening here also ( I'm in Brazil at this moment) with the Mares XR drysuit it's worth to share.

I have 2 former students that bought this suit, brand new from your local dealer. Well, one of them get out of the water in his first dive (drysuit course) more soaked than a fish, literally we had to help him doff the suit IN WATER, as he couldn't get in the boat, so filled it was.I assumed that since it was his first dive something was wrong, maybe a twisted seal, maybe a valve that came from the factory broken, so I took the suit out to check. There was nothing, no cuts, no valve leaks, nothing.

Second dive, and even so, this time I personally checked before he entered the water that everything was right, and the result was the same. After about 15 dives, he sold the suit to some unfortunate new owner and went back to the neoprene, what an experience huh?

The other guy was dry, or almost dry, with about 20 dives or so, he started to soak, and really soak, from chest to toe. It was leaking literally everywhere
The end of story, he bought another suit, I got this one to rip in pieces, zipper and rings for cuffs and neck are kept here and I'll install them on other suit some day.

A nice piece of garbage this one...
And here I thought the ScubaPro Evertec was the worst made dry suit ever. Silly me. While I did get very wet, even after adding more sealant to seams, it just was too much of a hassle. I just have held onto it as I cannot in good conscience sell it to another person. They are only useful for education purposes on dry suit maintenance.

And here I thought the ScubaPro Evertec was the worst made dry suit ever. Silly me. While I did get very wet, even after adding more sealant to seams, it just was too much of a hassle. I just have held onto it as I cannot in good conscience sell it to another person. They are only useful for education purposes on dry suit maintenance.
You're right... the guy was treacherous to sold the crap, the other guy had more character and give up the suit.
My old 905 is completing 14yrs, almost time to look for a new one, probably another DR suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom