Mares EOS 20RZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Efka76

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When I was doing training night dives in Koh Tao, Thailand, I had a small torch provided by dive school. At night you could barely see small spot of the bottom or reefs when using that torch. This June me and my wife decided to go to liveabord in Red Sea where it will be possible to dive during night as well. Accordingly, I made my own research and bought 2 Mares EOS 20RZ torches for me and wife. My impression about this torch is the following:

1) It is pretty heavy, sturdy torch, very convenient to hold in hand. It has attached lanyard which I attached to my BCD D-ring. It was very convenient to use during night dive.

2) It has rechargeable battery; you do not need to take battery out from torch for recharging. You just need to unscrew back of torch and plug standard micro-usb charger. Very convenient as you do not need to bring any additional batteries.

3) Torch is very powerful - 2300 lumens. When I used it during nights dives in Red Sea I had impression that I was diving during day time :) There is possibility to use it as wide or narrow beam torch. I preferred wide beam. I was clearly able to see all sleeping fishes, observe corals in detail, see in a long distance. I really enjoyed night diving with such good and quality equipment.

4) Such powerful torch is relatively inexpensive. It cost me EUR 229. For such price and the above specs I think this is a very good deal. I definitely recommend this torch as a primary torch for recreational night dives.

Yes, this torch is still unreal: very bright, works perfectly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom