Mares Dragon w/ MRS+ Weight Pockets and ss cam strap $300+shipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j1j2j38

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking to sell my Mares Dragon BC. It's a size medium and has the MRS Plus Weight Pockets. It was bought new in July 09 and has approximately 25 dives on it. It's in great condition, rinsed after every dive and working perfectly. I have the stock cam strap as well as an additional scubamax stainless steel cam strap that I can throw in if you want it. I really like the BC, but I'm looking to move to a BP/W, so you can get it for a big discount off the new price at $300+shipping. (obo).

As said above, it's size medium which fits me well. I'm 6' 150lbs. I think it could probably fit anything from 5' 9" to 6' 1" and 135-180lbs pretty comfortably. It's got a nice padded backpad that's really comfortable and it is sort of a jacket/back inflate hybrid, so you don't really notice any squeeze when inflating but it doesn't push you forward on the surface.

For more info see Mares - just add water

I can accept paypal. Thanks!

Attachments

• id 005.jpg
    id 005.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 113
  • id 006.jpg
    id 006.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 125
  • id 009.jpg
    id 009.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 99
  • id 010.jpg
    id 010.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 120
  • id 014.jpg
    id 014.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 99
  • id 015.jpg
    id 015.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 109
  • id 016.jpg
    id 016.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 88
No interest? Make me an offer; I'm willing to negotiate a bit. I'm not desperate to sell it though, so something reasonable. :) It really is a great BC, and I wouldn't be selling it if I wasn't trying to move into tech diving. I think it's one of the best rec BCs out there as attested to by various different reviews. Thanks.

Last edited:
$240 shipped (within 48 US) without the ss cam strap (which isn't really necessary anyway, you'll still get the stock plastic cam strap, which works fine). The BP/W package I found doesn't come with cam straps so I want to keep the one SS strap I already have. I've gotten a few PMs but they haven't come through to a firm commitment yet so I want to lower it again a bit to hopefully speed things along. Thanks.

And just fyi as mentioned before: The Mares Dragon was the top rated BC at scubalabs when it was introduced: http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/2006/12/the-best-new-bcs

I am having problems with my newer Dragon BC, MRS and am also new to this sight. I reached out to Phil Mintz in the hope of getting some help. Phil informed me that i need to reach out to Zak at the Mares Forum but I cannot locate this forum. Since I am new to this site and do not want to start out with posting negative comments about a company that I have had good experiences with over the years, if anyone can help me reach Zak at Mares to try and get any help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Offers? I'm now hoping to sell quickly as I have a wing that I would like to purchase quickly.

Does this model Mares have the Air Trim feature allowing back and front buoyancy control?

No, as can be seen from the pictures, it is not the air trim model (i.e. it has a standard inflator hose). I would consider this to be a positive, as the air trim version introduces additional failure points with only questionable gain. (I'm pretty sure the only advantage of the air trim is that it has a pneumatic dump so that you can press a button to dump air in the same way that you can press a button to add air in all BCs). The Dragon has 3 dump valves, so dumping air is very easy even without the air trim. Back when I was shopping for this BC I also talked to a number of people who thought the air trim system was uncomfortable due to its placement. I've never tried it on, so I can't speak to that myself.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom