Mares Avanti Quattro Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, anyone use the Quattro fins and know how they run size wise? I am planning on using them with a Harvey's 6.5mm wetsuit boot and I wear a size 11 shoe size. Would I want XL? Thanks.

hello gp, i have been using my quattros for about 3 months now and no problems, except the buckles take a little to get used to when taking them off. i wear a size 8 shoe and when i recieved my set, they are just a little big so keep that in mind, they fit fine with a 5 mil boot and a pair of neoprene socks on underneath. if you can try them on so much the better, i ordered through divers direct so, no chance to try them on first. if you buy them you will be pleased with them, enjoy. sam

The only way to know for sure is to try them on with your drysuit boots. (Yes, even if the suit & boot are one piece.)

There is no standard or consistency in fin pocket or boot sizing, so you really are better off doing this than relying on someone else's experience.

BTW, Quattros are EXCELLENT. You won't go wrong with them!

~SubMariner~

I have 6.5mm boots in size 11. I also have XL quattros. They seem to fit fine, although there is not a lot of room left to tighten them. You may be able to get by with a large. Best advice is to try them on, but if you are ordering over the net, that may not be an option.

but no longer do. However, when we first used them, Barbara had a very difficult time releasing the buckles prior to reboarding a dive boat.

So, I used a nylon wire tie to attach a small nylon ring to one buckle on each fin; this was done in a "mirror image" manner so each fin could have an ring on the outer edge. You do not have to do any drilling or cutting or modification of the fin: there is plenty of room for the wire tie and the ring just folds back along the buckle when not in use.

Barbara could slip a finger into the ring, pull, and off came the buckle. In the two + years that she used this arrangement she never had a problem with losing a fin, "catching" the ring, etc. And it made doffing the fins so much easier!

Joewr

Thanks for all the feedback guys...it's why I like this board so much, everyone is very helpful.

I have sze 12 foot. I havextra large quatros. Ihave worn them for years with 5mil boots and they have worked fine Straps are pretty much tightened down all the way. I wear them now with a drysuit and they also work fine. It is the old DUI cf200 style boot. When I use them in the caribean with 3 mil booties they are noticeably large.

I once tried on a pair of large w/ 3 mil booties in a store and felt that they were a better fit.

Back
Top Bottom