Mares Aliikai / Mares Hybrid She Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linndie

New
Reaction score
Hello!

I have been diving on and off for a few years now but still consider myself quite a noobie. I was set on purchasing the Aliikai but noticed that on the Mares website, it appears that the Aliikai was discontinued and replace by the Mares Hybrid SheDive? Is there a difference between the two of them? I haven't been able to find the Hybrid in store to try it so I'm relying on the expertise of the forum members for a little help. Thanks!

Lin

Hi Lin,
This should clear things up. The Aliikai BCD is not going anywhere. It is a top seller for Mares, in addition to being a great all around bcd for the end user. Not sure where you received the information about it becoming discontinued, but I know nothing of the sort. Although I did notice the picture of the Allikai on the website is not there, (note taken).

The Hybrid is a new product scheduled to be released this spring. It is not in the market yet which explains why you can't find it.

If you are set on the Aliikai, I would suggest you stick with your instinct and get this one.

I hope this helps.

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom