Mares Aliikai BCD - Weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gNats

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can someone tell me what the weight limits are for the Aliikai BCD? Size XS.

Please identify the front hip weight pockets and the trim pockets individually.

Thank you,
Natalie

Hi Natalie,

The hip pockets are rated at 8lbs per pocket, and the trim pockets at 5lbs per.

Best regards,

Thank you!

hI HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS BC ALLLIKAI....IM THINKING OF GETTING IT....THAT OR THE NEW AQUALUNG PEARL...BUT I LOVE THE MARES PRODUCTS ...IS THIS THE WOMENS TYPE BC FROM MARES?

hI HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS BC ALLLIKAI....IM THINKING OF GETTING IT....THAT OR THE NEW AQUALUNG PEARL...BUT I LOVE THE MARES PRODUCTS ...IS THIS THE WOMENS TYPE BC FROM MARES?

Hi SusieDiver,

I LOVE my Mares Aliikai. I love the way it fits and I'm really pleased with the quality of construction. I've purchased several Mares products and have been happy with all of them.

It is the woman's style back inflate BC.

The only negative, and I have nothing to compare it to, is that there is only one pocket, a little rollup dingy that has a zipper and with 5mm gloves can be difficult to find/get into.

But, I do use a lot of clips to clip my stuff to the BC, which I am more comfortable with rather than pockets.

Let me know if you choose to go with the Aliikai.

im going to get this bc ...is it better than the khalia one

Hi I did get the Allikai ...i didnt get the manuel and dont know how to fold it ...and not surei f my mares regulator can hook up to the ergo hose ...and there is a clip that im not sure how to use ...think its a hose connector ...i want to try to get the manuel for it ...but i like it

Last edited:
My wife is looking for buying the Aliikai as well.
However, we don't know which size should go after.
My wife is 5"6' 119lbs. She should fit XS according to the size chart.
But we read a review about one female diver feel the XS is too big for her (5"6' 125Lbs)
She may fit XXS. My wife is even less weight.
However, we worry if its too small we can not adjust it.

Any one can help??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom