Mares Airtrim BCD questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k374

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Mares Origin Sport Airtrim (size small) and had a few questions.

- The MRS weight pockets say 9lbs max but I need at least 20lbs to be correctly weighted. I used 10 lbs last time out and didn't seem to have any issues. Do these pockets have some tolerance for a little extra weight?

- Although I am able to manually inflate, I am unable to deflate the BCD when the system is not pressurized, why is this? I press the deflate button and nothing happens.

Hi K, well obviously you will be stressing the pockets, but the will probably be OK. Just check them regularly for signs of wear. Does your BCD have trim weight pockets (at the back?). You could then put a few pounds in there to releave the stress on the main pockets... That's what I do...

As for the delfation question, that is simple. The Airtrim system uses air pressure to openm the delfate valves. No pressure, they don't open. Then you simply use the emergency dump valve.

Hope this helps!

cod man is right

the air trim system is all pneumatic. when the air is connected to the control, and you push the dump button, is allows air to open all the dump valves at the same time. this allows you to vent air from the bc at almost any position.

Yup!:coffee: And it is soooo sweeeeet!!!!:D I wouldn't change unless I absolutely had to!!!!:cool2:

you push the dump button, is allows air to open all the dump valves at the same time. this allows you to vent air from the bc at almost any position.

Back
Top Bottom