Mares Abyss Din Adapter O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TeqP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the Mares Abyss (04 model) with Din adapter. The o-ring that comes in contact with the first stage needs to be replaced. Does anyone know the size of the o-ring? The o-ring is green in color. Does the replacement need to be green as well? I'm not sure if the green signifies a certain type of material. Any help would be appreciated. If I can buy from McMaster-Carr, that would be great. Thanks for the help.

My Mares repair manual calls out
Ref. Item #23
Code- 46110406
Description- O-ring 115
Viton 614-9707

Now that is what I am seeing as the top o-ring for the Din connection.

To my understanding the Green is for Nitrox.
I have a green o-ring in my thermo valves and they are soft and last forever!

I have heard that soon that the new color will be purple-
Specifically to identify as Nitrox ready- to what level of EANx is yet
To be determined.

Crazyduck:
Now that is what I am seeing as the top o-ring for the Din connection.
When you say for the Din connection, are you referring to the black o-ring that comes into contact with the valve on the tank? The green o-ring that I am referring to is the o-ring that comes into contact with the first stage of the regulator when you first install the din adapter onto your regulator first stage. Please let me know we are talking about the same o-ring.

Thanks for the help.

My fault I was talking about the o-ring that comes in contact with the tank.
OK, the o-ring that connects the Din tube to the 1st stage body!

Ref. item- 71
Code- 46110211 or 46110413
Description- OR2050,
Viton 014-9707

This is also the same part on the V32 first stage- just FYI.

Hope this helps.

TeqP:
When you say for the Din connection, are you referring to the black o-ring that comes into contact with the valve on the tank? The green o-ring that I am referring to is the o-ring that comes into contact with the first stage of the regulator when you first install the din adapter onto your regulator first stage. Please let me know we are talking about the same o-ring.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, that is the o0ring I was referring to. Thank you for the help.

Last question, where would I be able to purchase this?

I did a google search and only came up with the Mares Service Manual (which I downloaded). There was nothing else in the search regarding Viton 014-9707.

Thanks again.

TeqP:
Last question, where would I be able to purchase this? [...] There was nothing else in the search regarding Viton 014-9707.
"Viton" refers to the material the o-ring is made of... in this case a polymer that isn't affected much by oxygen, and can be use for Nitrox.

The "014" refers to the size. The standard is called AS568; and the sizes are numeric, in the format X-XXX, with the last three digits called the "dash size." The full designation of the size you need is 2-014.

One on-line source is air-oil.com, here. click on "AS568 Standard Sizes/V75 (Viton 75 durometer)" in the center, which will bring up the list of viton o-rings in the lower-left frame. Scroll down to 2-014. Unit price $0.14... notice that these guys require a minimum order -- 8 of this size. Plus there's a minimum total order amount of like $5 or something.

So with these guys it's necessary to order a bunch of o-rings in various sizes, which should then last you for years.
04.gif

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom