Mares Abyss 2000 model vs. 2004 model... any difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaevis

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just got a new Mares Abyss reg yesterday... but i noticed it says on its registration card that it is a Abyss 2000 model.

My first question is... has Mares launch it's Abyss 2004 model yet? From my knowledge, there is already an Abyss octo 2004 model out in the market (found out thru the net)... so why not an Abyss 2004 primary reg then (could not find it on the net)? Is it being lauch yet? Also, any difference between 2000 and 2004 model?

My second question is... My part of the world does not supply the Abyss octo... but readily supplies the primary 2nd stage... should i get the Abyss octo online? Do both the primary and octo share the same parts? I'm concern about parts and serviceability of the octo in my region and if they share the same parts, then it will not be a problem.

Also, why is the Abyss octo not listed in the 2004 catalogue of the official mares website?

Any comments will be really appreciated... thanks!

If your reg matches the one on the site it is the current model. I think that 200 was the year, give or take one, that they added the fanciness to the outside of the second stage. Same operation and performance though.
As far as the octo, sometimes companies release newer models with the same performance or octos. Poseidon did the same with their Xstream series of regs. They released the Xstream deep, deco, and duration first. Then the next year, they released the Dive version with more ports and for the first time, an Xstream octo. Just like the abyss.

Back
Top Bottom