Mares 12 III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRC11

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am new to diving and I was just given a mares 12 III regulator. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this model, is it a good one? I assume it is an older model but it has been kept in what seems to be good condition. Also would I just go to my local dive shop to get it serviced and about how much would that cost?

i am not sure how old the 12iii is but it is most likely the same as the mr12 that is currently sold. service should be around $25 per stage plus parts.

Alright thanks for the info.

If it's the same as the one I used to dive with, keep it and use it. I loved mine but couldn't find someone local to service it. Still thinking of getting it serviced and using it.
See my old thread...

I have one of those, bought it new in 1986 or so. Never had any problem with it, still works fine. I sometimes use it as a pony bottle reg. I prefer the older all metal Voit/AMF/Mares MR12 II. The plastic regulators will never have that panache that the all brass jobs do but functionally, it is a good regulator. As far as service, it is not a difficult regulator to service. Since the main diaphragm is silicone material, I seriously doubt that needs replacing. Some of those cracked at the LP inlet fitting. Something to look out for.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom