March 22, 2010 Lord Jim Wreck (Saanich Inlet) photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure you don't have a mystery helper that takes these photos with you posing? I don't know how you have the time to set these shots up and still manage to get a good dive in.

Love the fish eye shots. Makes me want a lens for my camera.

Actually the self-portraits on this dive were trickier than normal. I was trying a pair of split fins for the first time. According to the dive magazine reviews, they're powerful enough to power the space shuttle, but tech divers say they're instantly fatal. I rented a pair for this dive and, while I'm still alive, I definitely didn't feel like a space shuttle. You have to kick alot faster to go anywhere. I especially noticed this when I was trying to swim like crazy to get in front of the camera for the photos. Mostly, I ended up swimming with my arms. I had a similar experience with Force Fins.

Back
Top Bottom