March, 2014 Galiano Island photos/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent write up as always. Interesting that you should find yourself thinking of orcas during the second dive. About five years ago I took my kids to Galiano and since none of them were certified at that time I decided to dive solo at the site of your first dive. Unfortunately as I approached the drop off I found that my computer had crapped out and was showing nothing but the time. I decided to abort the dive and surfaced in the middle of the little bay to find my children pointing out over me and yelling for me to look. A pod of sixteen orcas was travelling North and two of the bigger dorsal fins broke rank in my direction. Needless to say I wasted no time making my way to shore. I still wonder how I would have reacted if I'd encountered them underwater. In fact it just occurred to me that my avatar picture was taken in that bay by Emily just before I descended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom