Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Keller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I will be staying in Marathon this spring. I am looking for recommendations for dive ops and sites. Just looking for laidback ops and shallow sites. Also interested in recommendations for restaurants and bars in the area. If it’s worthwhile I would be interested in renting a boat to hit some of the lesser dove sites that dive ops don’t frequent. Thanks for your help.

Abyss dive center, very laid back no guides unless you higher one, lots of shallow sites. Can't recall the name of the sites we did. Most if not all the sites we did were unmarked. Max depths 35-45 feet. Captain/Divemaster would set the hook in the sand give an accurate and detailed briefing and tell us to be back on the boat with 500psi. He might have said or 75 minutes, but the kids were still pretty green so that was not an issue.

Thanks,I will definitely check them out. I will be going with someone who has a boat so a little site location would be helpful.

Definitely do the Sombrero Reef at night. It's probably the best night dive I've ever had.

Is there a dive op that runs a night dive there?

9664F6D0-BB53-4090-A16C-97A821A46796.jpeg
Abyss dive center, very laid back no guides unless you higher one, lots of shallow sites. Can't recall the name of the sites we did. Most if not all the sites we did were unmarked. Max depths 35-45 feet. Captain/Divemaster would set the hook in the sand give an accurate and detailed briefing and tell us to be back on the boat with 500psi. He might have said or 75 minutes, but the kids were still pretty green so that was not an issue.
I don’t think Abyss is around Marathon any more. Google says permanently closed.

Thanks, great advice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom