Mar-Mac's banjo fitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone heard of the Mar-Mac's banjo fitting for two hose regulators? Are there any still available?

According to the VDH catalog, they don't have any of their banjo fittings in stock. I emailed Bryan to ask if he will be getting any more, but have not received a reply.

Bryan also reproduced the Mar-Mac banjo for a while, but I don't think he is planing on ever reproduce them again. Some people seem to have had problems with the Mar-Mac design banjo. I believe that they don't work well with some of the modern valves, but I am not certain about the details.

The more conventional Aqua Lung style banjo seems to be very reliable, you just need to have a long yoke for them to work.

My guess is that Bryan will have more of the conventional banjo available in the near future.

If you need a banjo right away, you can always post over at VDH to see if anyone has an extra one they are willing to sell. I bet someone will be willing to help you. Since they have been reproduced for several years there are plenty of them around and most NAVED members know that more will be around in the future.

You will never locate an original Mar Mac in all reality. The vdh store has routinely carried the standard banjo which is a fine piece. As Luis said, it works best with the long yoke or heavy yoke regs. The Mar Mac type only worked with the very original fat O ring vintage valves. I am glad that vdh offered them as a collector item but for actual use the standard AL type is my favorite.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom