Manually shutting off a Wisdom 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjr0112

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've had my Wisdom 2 for almost 2 years now and this has always kind of bugged me. I would like to know if there is a way to shut it off after a day of diving, instead of it sitting there killing my battery for 24 hours in "fly" mode till it shuts itself off. I have read the manual multiple times, and have been unable to find anything. Not sure if this is just a safety feature, so it cant be accidentally shut off while diving. I would just like to know if this feature is available.

The amount of battery that it is "killing' is not much at all.
All it is doing is being a watch at that point.
I have the Wisdom 2 as well and have never seen a shutoff feature, but i haven't looked for it.

I've been diving a Wisdom 2 for three years now and have not seen a way to turn if off - not that I'd want to. The battery drain is minimal - as long as there is residual Nitrogen (Time to Fly), the unit will be on. You can always remove the battery...

If I was to just remove the battery I would lose all my logged dives. I really wanted to just to know if there was a way. It's not that big of a deal. What made me ask was I just installed a new battery and I checked the voltage of the new battery before I installed it and it was at 3.23v. I then checked the voltage of the old battery and it was at 3.0v, so if 3 tenths of a volt is the difference in fully charged and "dead", I would like to have this feature.

There are LOTS of things to worry about in this life. Turning off your dive computer's flytime countdown isn't one of them.

Pulling the battery will not have any affect on stored dives. I had a computer failure on a night dive last week. In order to get the computer back on line, I had to remove the battery. Worked fine over the next few days of diving.

Like I've stated already, I'm not that worried about it. Just worndering if possible.

And you are correct pulling the battery will not lose my logged dives, I read it wrong this morning.

Page 104 of the owner's manual confirms it cannot be shut off manually. This is a safety feature and does not draw that much battery power.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

Thank you for the answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom