Manual Focus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly N Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been looking for an answer to my question for over a month.

ok hope this will work.
:boom:
Any one here know how a manual focus camera (digital rebel) works underwater. how does one ajust the focus.
please answer :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have no idea about that camera. If you don't get an answer, try asking on Digital Diver

Fly N Dive once bubbled...
Any one here know how a manual focus camera (digital rebel) works underwater. how does one ajust the focus.
please answer :confused: :confused: :confused:

Do you have a housing yet?

The housing will need a focus gear and it may mean you cannot zoom to use it. I'm guessing.

If this is important to you, you need to check with the housing company before you buy. If you already have one the instructions should tell you what controls are available, and not.

You will also have to have good eyes - younger than mine:( - to be a better focuser than the AF.

good luck.

no, i dont have the housing, i dont even have the camera, but why would ikelite make a housing for a $1,000 camera that would not allow it to zoom.:confused: :confused: the housing can be found here can anyone explain????

Have you contacted Ikelite with these questions? Ike drops in here occassionally...maybe he'll answer you.

Here's a link to a page with all the Canon models:
http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/slrcanon.html

It describes what controls are available - and it appears they all mention "Auto Focus". They also mention controls for zoom.

There are evidently several Rebel models - I had thought they were all Auto Focus SLR's - in fact, weren't the EOS and Rebel 2 of the first Auto Focus SLR's along with the Minolta Maxxum, etc...?

I guess I'm curious why you thought the Rebel was a manual focus camera? Because it has interchangeable lenses? (unlike the point-and-shoot fixed lenses?)

I've found that Ikelite usually has lots of information on their site - but it's not always intuitively obvious where to find it.....

Hope this helps.

I just looked back at that page, and in the first couple of paragraphs it reads: "All housings provide aperture and zoom control, or focus control for manual lenses. "

However, if you go to Canon's site and look at the Digital Rebel, it is described as an Autofocus camera there....

http://www.canoneos.com/digitalrebel/slr/index.html

Also, did you see on the page you originally referenced, there's a link to a review of the housing with the Digital Rebel - that might give you more information, too. (again, they don't make these things obvious on the Ikelite site).

Anyone care to guess at the price range for the Ike housing for the Digital Rebel? I'm trying to decide whether to purchase this camera, or something like the new c-5060. Price of the housing is a strong consideration for me.

I just downloaded to manual for the camera and as g8trdiver said it is a af. i dont know why i thought it wasn't.:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom