Mantas at Koh Bon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mase

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
January 6 and 9: 3 Dives at Koh Bon all with Mantas.

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 41
Mase,

Great way to ring in the New Year. How fortunate to see them on both visits.

My colleagues were complaining that the 4 mantas they saw on Koh Bon 1st January didn't stay close enough to fit in one picture :wink: It's been crazy with manta's this season - in a good way :D

Wonder if they are the same 4 that we saw in early December or they move on to be replaced by more mantas.... :idk:

Gorgeous shots!
Mantas are said to have unique markings in the patterning on their backs. Did you get any pictures of the ones in December, Jon? You might be able to check the markings for clues.

Gorgeous shots!
Mantas are said to have unique markings in the patterning on their backs. Did you get any pictures of the ones in December, Jon? You might be able to check the markings for clues.

This one should be fairly easy to identify, what with missing its tail and having a big chunk of its derrière bitten off.

I saw it on 1st of January at Koh Bon, there were three others but this one was the largest.

Friend of mine posted a pic on his FB of an albino manta at Hin Muang, anyone see that one?

One of the Mantas I saw appeared to be solid black on its back.

Back
Top Bottom