Mantanani - Dugong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hiddenaughty

Reaction score
We have spotted dugong around Mantanani area since end of April 2005 :eyebrow:
We believe that the dugong have ended their long search for foods and now return to Mantanani :59:
Whoever interested with dugongs do get ready your gear and join us before their next journey away. :snorkel:
Feel free to contact us at bornsea@tm.net.my for details. :sunny
Besides, we do spotted Mantanani Scops Owl around Mantanani Besar Island. :jump3:
Everyone are welcome to SHOOT it with your :camera: Camera!!!! :D

I have got Picture of Dugong - Nicky on my photo gallery.. Now Divers can play with Dugong Most of the time. as he's not affraid of divers anymore.. We are still trying to study his behavior.. He always like to hug divers from the back.. and he love to play alot one of our friend play with him from 11am till 6pm, guess what? the dugong come back and look for him 11am the following day!

Is there any dive operator doing day-trip dive to Mantanani? I simply can't afford to stay at the resort on the island.

they are some dive operator doing day trip to Mantanani.. Please note that is't monsoon season at this moment, the best time to dive Mantanani is Mar - June.. Travelling time from Kota Kinabalu to the Jetty will take 1hr 30 mins depends on traffic, while boat transfer will be around 1 hr subject to tide, sea & weather conditions. therefore, it's good to stay overnight at the resort, and you have more time to dive and you could enjoy night dive too.. a Day trip is definately not enough to enjoy the underwater paradise around Mantanani Islands.. ( besides dugong, there are more then 180 specis of nudibranch had recorded including some of the un identified species.. School of barracuda had been seen too )

What are the dive operators? Maybe you can recommend some names. I'll look up their contact information from the internet.

Yes please - dive operators, and any other information.

And by the way - are you sure playing is what is on the dugong's mind?

We had a dolphin here in S W England and he was obviously lonely and desperate to find a lady-friend and became a hazard to swimmers and divers :11: if you know what I mean.

Sorry to bump up this old thread, but hiddenaughty, do you have contact information of the dive operators that do day-trip dives to Mantanani from KK City?

Dive Operator Contact :
Scuba Paradise ( Day Trip Organizer )

Borneo Sea Adventures ( Own of Mantanani Island Resort )
(Contact: bornsea@tm.net.my, website: http://www.bornsea.com, Picture Page http://groups.msn.com/BorneoSea and http://groups.msn.com/Mantanani )

Mantanani Island resort is having the upgrading renovation at the moment. Only limited room available.. and Special discount of 20% will be given for booking during this Renovation Period!!

Nicky (The Dugong) went off for holiday! We been dive around Mantanani, but hardly find any sea grass around.. we guess Nicky might off to other place seeking for food!
Will keep you guys inform once Nicky back from his holiday!!

I think they have replied to my mail. Day trip dive is available from Kota Belud or KK. Not a bad option. Planning to go.

hiddenaughty:
We have spotted dugong around Mantanani area since end of April 2005 :eyebrow:
We believe that the dugong have ended their long search for foods and now return to Mantanani :59:
Whoever interested with dugongs do get ready your gear and join us before their next journey away. :snorkel:
Feel free to contact us at bornsea@tm.net.my for details. :sunny
Besides, we do spotted Mantanani Scops Owl around Mantanani Besar Island. :jump3:
Everyone are welcome to SHOOT it with your :camera: Camera!!!! :D

Thanks for sharing Naughty! Would love to join your next trip. Kevan - my partner is so keen on diving with dugongs - but unfortunately we need to get some time off work. Perhaps some other time in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom