Manta Resort - Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vetdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
My husband and I are looking for information on this resort - we'd like to do a weeklong trip to one of the atolls next year, and we are big fans of being isolated, so this looked like a good choice. We were particularly interested in Manta over other similar resorts (e.g., Turneffe Lodge), as the website states that there is unlimited shore diving in addition to three boat dives daily.

Can anyone comment on this resort?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hi. We were there before it underwent renovations. It reopened last year I think. Glover's atoll is BEAUTIFUL. We enjoyed it. Lots of wall diving, since it's a UN world heritage site, there are lots of fish to see. I don't know about the shore diving--it's certainly kayak accessable. It is in the middle of nowhere and we really liked that. Depending on when you go, the island right across the spit will host Island Expeditions and another resort, Isla Marisol is close by too. We have also been to Lighthouse Reef resort and cannot recommend it--we had a horrible week, but I did like the diving we did there too. You can email me with questions.

I have stayed at the Manta and loved it. It is so beautiful and the fact that its off by itself is great too. The diving is spectacular.

You could search for "Manta" in the accommodation section at http://www.belizeforum.com for more opinions; sounds like a beautiful place. I got my OW Cert at Glover's Atoll Resort 2 years ago and had a fabulous time - the diving is incredible (resort is V E R Y rustic, though, so not for everyone). Have a wonderful trip whatever you decide. Happy trails...

Thanks, all.

Bill, congrats on your upcoming marriage - we'll look for a blurb on Manta when you return! Must say, I emailed them a question regarding Nitrox availability, and they got back to me almost immediately - very friendly note. The husband doesn't want to look any further...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom