Manly Bombora, Sydney. Z Gear BCD Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pH-aus

Registered
Reaction score
Having received the extension kit for the Z Gear BCD mount, I couldn't wait to take the mount for a dive. Along with the extension kit was a few little bits and pieces to upgrade the original mount which addressed some of my earlier issues.

By adding more loc lines to the arm, the camera is fully positionable, which makes adjusting and framing the shot much easier, as you can see more or less where your camera is pointing rather than having that element of guess work. Unfortunately my mount has gotten a little loose and it keeps sagging to the front, which means my hoses get in the way some times, but it is a great mount to have.

I have heard some discussions regarding the BCD mount as a gimmick, and perhaps to some people it is. But for me personally, I see the GoPro as a POV (point of view) camera. I feel that it was designed to capture exactly what you are seeing, which is why there is no need for an LCD screen since the camera is in a fixed position. I've been trying to find a suitable dive mount which will let me do this and while the Z Gear BCD mount isn't perfect, I definitely think it is close to becoming an ideal solution.

Here is my latest video using the mount.

https://vimeo.com/78431016

Back
Top Bottom