Manitoba Diving - Finding Dive Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Duddridge

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey fellow Manitobans!

I've been certified for about 6 years, but I only recently found out recently that there is a fairly active dive community in the Manitoba/Winnipeg area that meets out at West Hawk Lake on a fairly regular basis (particularly summer weekends).

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get hooked up with dive buddies at West Hawk this spring/summer/fall.

Is it necessary to hook up with a dive shop and dive through them, or do you need to join a particular club, like "Club Aquarius" with 3 Fathoms?

I would like to do two or three dives every other weekend this diving season. I've got about 20 logged dives under my belt, will be doing my Advanced Underwater this spring, and I want to get in as many dives as possible before the snow flies!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Mark

muc web site is The Manitoba Underwater Council (MUC) good starting place. also you don't have to join a club
just dont be shy go down to the lake and look around you cant miss the divers they'll be the ones dressed in rubber, club aquarius dives mainly at millers, one stop on st mary's, Divers Den and Under World all dive mainly at Cat's Ass in WestHawk almost every week end in the summer up until Nov (last summer anyway) some crazies even later if you dive dry. Air is available at all shops and at west hawk marina all summer week ends . hope to see you there.:14:

Back
Top Bottom