Manifold => Bands Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Doing a second twin MP72 rig, this time with older Scubapro/Faber MP72's and a Scubapro dual isolation manifold. My first rig was with the newer white epoxy Fager MP72's, Thermo manifold, Carpv (ebay seller) 6.9" bands. This rig is rock solid. Carpv bands are 8.5" c-to-c and incredibly heavy duty (and use 3/8" bolts, which I like).

Why not go with another set of Carpv bands? Well, I'm not 100% certain that the Scubapro manifold extends to 8.5", and even if it does, I'm not sure that thus extended it would be maximally solid and secure. The 6.9" Piranha bands are about 8 3/16" c-to-c (NOT standard 8.5"), so the Scubapro manifold would be very solid at this width. I have seen the Piranha bands--they are nice, but not as thick as Carpv bands (both say they are 16 gauge, but the Carpv bands are thicker steel). Piranha says their band holes are cut for 3/8", so I like that.

For those who use the Piranha bands, how are they? Any comments?

Back
Top Bottom